May 8, 2012
1. Meeting called to order at 2:30 by President Ray Naramore
2. April minutes approved
3. Treasurers Report – Don Kasper
· Current membership 117 members
· Balance on hand $1,533.39
· Anticipated expenses - $250 to Silver Bluff H.S., $350 to The Rally for a Cure, $75 for Bagpiper and $80 for flowers at the annual Memorial Service, $200 set aside for Member Bereavement recognition, $40 for the Hook a Kid on golf program.
· A discussion was held to determine what to do with the money left in the account at the end of the year. The remaining cash may be carried over to next year, added to a tournament prize fund, or used to provide an end of the year social.
4. News from the course. Rumors continue to spread about a potential sale of the club, but nothing has been finalized.
5. Results from the tournament at the River Club. Rich Stamm was the overall winner and now has possession of the MGA Traveling Trophy. Bob Kistler was the winner in the first flight. Garry Hawley, Mike Kahl and Ben Peppard tied for first in the third flight. Thanks to Dave for organizing the event.
6. The next tournament is scheduled for Applewood on Thursday, May 17. It will be a 9:00 shotgun start with prizes for Individual low net and Team low net. Cost is $29. Please sign up by Wed. May 16.
7. The MGA received a thank you from Coach Jason Goings for our contribution of $250 to the Silver Bluff golf team. Our donation will help with the cost of their participation in post season tournaments.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 2:52
Submitted by, Ken Brace