General Membership Meeting
December 13, 2012
Meeting called to order at 5:25 pm by President Ken Brace.
The Minutes of the November meeting were approved.
President Brace thanked the MGA members and the members of the Cedar Creek Ladies Club who assisted at the Meet and Greet Event to introduce the the new owner of the Cedar Creek Golf Course, Jim McNair. About 400 people attended the event.
Don Kasper gave the Treasurer’s Report:
• We currently have 95 members
• Current balance is $1037.39
• There are no bills outstanding
• $250 was spent for food and drink at the Meet and Greet.
News from the Course:
President Brace has spoken with the new ownership and presented the following points:
• Course owner Jim McNair plans to attend some MGA membership meetings; course professional Mike D will continue to be the main liaison with the MGA.
• Mr. McNair indicated that he will try to meet the needs of the current Cedar Creek Membership.
• There are currently no plans to close the golf course or any part of it in 2013; no major projects have been planned as yet.
• New information about course membership and fees are now available at the Pro Shop.
• Members of the Aiken Golf Club are now going to be playing Cedar Creek on a regular basis.
Brace also requested that any questions or concerns about Cedar Creek be funneled through the MGA Board Members (instead of bombarding Mr. McNair), who will then seek the answers. Mr. McNair will be making a presentation to POACC at the annual property owners meeting in January.
Jim Mitchell noted that information was lacking about hours and food offerings at the Cedar Creek Grill and suggested that it would benefit their business to get the information out to as many sources as possible.
Brace also informed the group that more men are needed on the Social Committee. Anyone interested should contact Dick Gaul.
The results of the December Tournament at Gordon Lakes were announced and are posted on the MGA website.
The tournament schedule for 2013 is now available and is posted on the website. The next tournament is scheduled for January 14, 2013 at The Reserve Club in Aiken. Fee will be $40 and prizes will be distributed afterward at the Red Bowl restaurant on Whiskey Road. The February tournament will be the par 3 tournament to be held at Cedar Creek on Saturday, February 16. Details to come.
A highlight of the coming year’s tournament schedule is a Member/Guest tournament to be held with the Aiken Golf Club on April 26 and 27, with one round to be played at each course.
Jim Mitchell suggested that gratuities be collected as a Christmas gift for the former kitchen staff at the Grill. A basket was put out for this purpose and donations ensued.
Brace mentioned the possibility of not holding membership meetings every month, but instead scheduling them on either a bi-monthly or quarterly basis. He said that this issue would be discussed at a future meeting.
Brace also thanked Jim Mitchell, who generously supplied copious amounts of pizza for the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 pm and was followed by an exchange of Christmas gifts among the membership.