The Minutes of the April 2013 meeting were approved.
Don Kasper gave the Treasurer’s Report:
• We currently have 118 members
• Current balance is $1064.39
• There are no bills outstanding
• Upcoming expenses include: donation of $250 for Silver Bluff Golf Team and a donation to Hook a Kid on Golf, which will be at least $40.
News from the Course:
Vice-President Frank Beaty updated the current status of the golf course.
• The course is currently in transition and is drying out for lack of the controller board for the new irrigation system. The board should be in by May 20.
• Maintenance staff will be working on the bunkers.
• Ball washers are in and will be put on the tee boxes.
• Maintenance staff will be aerating the greens on June 2 and 3. The holes will be 1/2 inch and the greens will be sanded immediately.
Ken Brace reported on the results of the member-member tournament held in April
Ray Naramore presented details of the May tournament that will be held on May 23 at Bartram Trail.
Ken Sabol presented details of the June tournament, which will be held at Cobblestone Park on Thursday, June 13. Fee is $40, including $10 prize fee; format is straight golf in 2 or three flights, depending on participation; starting time is 9:30 am. The deadline for sign up is Tuesday, June 11. If enough players want food, a hamburger and chips can be available for $5.00. Players are instructed to note if they want food when they pay their fee. Sabol must let the pro know by June 11
Cedar Creek Golf Club’s new teaching professional, Kenny Evensen, was introduced and gave his tip-of-the-month, which will now be a monthly feature of MGACC meetings. Evensen stressed the importance of maintaining a consistent rhythm in one’s golf swing
Evensen also said that Jim McNair plans to build an indoor golf practice facility at the driving range. The facility will have video and other swing analysis tools. Construction is expected to start in May 2014 and be complete by November 2014
There will be a scramble for MGACC members and the Silver Bluff Golf Team on Tuesday, May 21 and a sign-up sheet is available now. It will be a 4:00 shotgun start and teams will be comprised of one Silver Bluff golfer and three MGACC members. Also, there will be another call for excess clubs to be donated to Silver Bluff. A date will be set up for this in the near future.
Cedar Creek is hosting Hook-a-Kid on Golf again this year in mid-June. Mike D can use some help again. A sign-up sheet is on the wall in the hallway.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:40 pm.