General Membership Meeting
February 12, 2013
Meeting called to order at 5:05 pm by President Ken Brace.
The Minutes of the January 2013 meeting were approved.
Don Kasper gave the Treasurer’s Report:
• We currently have 112 members
• Current balance is $983.39
• There are no bills outstanding
News from the Course:
President Brace updated the current status of the golf course.
• In response to a question about whether the Tuesday dogfight could revert back to a shotgun start, Brace reported that the course management replied that it was not possible at this time. It may be revisited later.
• The golf course’s extensive tree removal is now complete. The current plan is for all stumps to be ground and all logs removed by March 1.
• New golf carts for the course are currently in production. Fifty-six new carts, plus some back-ups will be delivered sometime in March.
• No major new improvement projects are scheduled for the course this year. Planned improvements include: squaring up and/or rebuilding some tee boxes; perhaps moving some tee boxes forward; defining the roughs more distinctly; and working on greens to make the grass in them tighter and mowing fringes to make them shorter and more consistent.
• In response to a question about the irrigation system, Frank Beaty reported that all control units were being replaced.
• Drains in traps are also being worked on.
Dave King explained how to access the website and how to get information about upcoming MGA tournaments.
Ken Sabol presented info about the upcoming par 3 tournament scheduled for Feb. 16.
President Brace commented that most MGA tournaments will be equitable scoring, but actual scoring could be used for a couple.
Brace also outlined potential fees for the Member-Guest Tournament that will be held at Cedar Creek Golf Club and Aiken Golf Club in April. Total fee is estimated at $50 per day per guest and $180 total fee. Carts, golf, food and prizes will be included. Anyone who is not a member of Cedar Creek or Aiken is eligible to be a guest. Questions were raised from the floor about whether there would be gifts available for guests and whether there will be a pari-mutual.
Daryl Winefordner outlined the format for the March 14 tournament that will be held at Pine Ridge. The fee is $33 and the format will be a scramble with ABCD ranked player equity on each team.
A question was raised from the floor about whether Jim McNair would be invited to one of our meetings. The answer is yes, but we will only discuss golf and the state of the golf course. Beverly Burke will also be invited.
Following the business portion of the meeting, Bill Robinson and George Montgomery discussed USGA rules concerning water hazards.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:20 pm.