Minutes for General Membership Meeting
July 10, 2012
Meeting called to order at 2:30.
The June 12, 2012 minutes were approved.
Treasurers Report - Don Kasper
- Current membership 117
- Balance on hand $1,243.39
- Anticipated expenses - $350 to The Rally for a Cure ($250 for sponsorship and $100 for entering a team), $75 for Bagpiper and $80.25 for flowers at the annual Memorial Service.
- End of year projected balance = $738.14. A balance of $100.00 must be kept in the account or a fee of $15.00 per month will be charged.
News from the course
- The July Happy Hour (Wednesday, 7/18) has room for a few more people. Sign up is in the pro shop. The cost is only $8.25 including tax and gratuity.
- The Club Championship sign up sheet is now available in the pro shop. The tournament will be held on 8/11 & 8/12. See the sign up sheet for more information. There was a question about aeration of the greens the week prior to the tournament. Dean Wood will take the issue to the MAG committee.
- Ben Peppard, Ken Sabol and Ray Naramore measured the yardage markers on the course. The only significant error found was the 150 yard marker on hole #3. It measured 142 yards to the center of the green. Could that be the reason you are always long on that hole?
- Dean Wood was gracious enough to answer questions regarding the purchase of the Cedar Creek golf course. Negotiations are in process with no date of change of ownership available.
Hidden Valley Tournament – Dean Wood
- Game of the day will be a front 9, back 9 and18 low net with prize fund split 33% for each. There will not be a member tee and senior tee division. You may sign up for the senior tees even if you are a member tee player. Handicaps will be adjusted accordingly. The cost is $18 for green fees, $12 for prize money for a total of $30.00. The sign up deadline is Monday, July 23rd.
End of Year Outing
- A motion was made and approved to cover the expense of purchasing hamburgers/cheeseburgers and fries for all MGA members after the golf tournament on September 28th (you need not play in the tournament to participate). The vote was 12 in favor with 2 opposed.
2013 Board Members
- A call went out for volunteers to fill 2 vacancies on the Board for 2013. Ken Brace and Ken Sabol volunteered to head up a nomination committee to find a new president and secretary for the coming year.
- It was suggested that the MGA organize a committee to sponsor a welcome meeting for the new owner should that come to pass. This will be brought before the board at the next scheduled meeting.
- With no further new business a motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting.