General Membership Meeting
March 12, 2013
Meeting called to order at 5:03 pm by President Ken Brace.
The Minutes of the February 2013 meeting were approved.
Don Kasper gave the Treasurer’s Report:
• We currently have 117 members
• Current balance is $1046.39
• There are no bills outstanding
News from the Course:
President Brace updated the current status of the golf course.
• Players Club Members: There are now 192 Players Club members from Cedar Creek and 47 from Aiken Golf Club
• New golf carts will begin to arrive on Thursday, March 14
• Association Vice-President Frank Beaty has been assigned to be the MGA’s liaison with the Cedar Creek Golf Course.
• Head Greenskeeper Gary Frazier has been working on the sprinkler system. All control boxes have been renovated or replaced.
• Sand boxes have been removed from the tee boxes. Sand bottles continue to be available at the 10th tee.
• Bill Todd suggested, and course management okayed, putting reflective tape on the pins to aid in laser sighting.
• The course calendar is now on the MGA website and Mike D also has them at the pro shop desk. He and Dave King are continuing to upgrade it.
• The grille at the golf course now has it’s own website as well. Information concerning hours, menus, and events is posted there. It will be linked soon to the MGA website, thanks again to Dave King.
Ken Sabol reported results of the par 3 tournament, which are posted on the MGA website.
Darrell Windfordner spoke about the upcoming March tournament at PIne Ridge. It will be a 4-man scramble based on handicap with ABCD ranked player equity on each team.
Brace also outlined the fees and format for the Member-Guest Tournament that will be held at Cedar Creek Golf Club and Aiken Golf Club on April 26 and 27. Fees for all Cedar Creek membership categories are listed on the MGA website. Carts, golf, food and prizes will be included. Anyone who is not a member of Cedar Creek or Aiken is eligible to be a guest.
At adjournment, a unanimous motion recognized how much the golf course is improving.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:42 pm.